Sinking in His Grace: Journaling

I think that at some point in time that we all feel at a standstill in our walks with Jesus. I feel like this feeling is completely nor...


I think that at some point in time that we all feel at a standstill in our walks with Jesus. I feel like this feeling is completely normal, though.

Flashback to this past fall, and that was me. I felt stuck, so I talked to my pastor about it. The Bible was extremely intimidating to me; I never felt equipped enough to read it on my own, I guess, let alone journal about it! He suggested I read a book called Jesus Is by Judah Smith.


After talking with my pastor and reading this book, I had a confidence instilled in me that I could read the Bible. It was something that God had equipped me to do.

So now, I knew I could do it... I just wasn't sure as to exactly how I was going to do it, specifically the journaling aspect of it.

One of my good friends from church had been consistently in her Bible and journaling everyday since January 2, 2015, and so I asked her for a little bit of advice.

She told me something that completely made me rethink journaling. She told me that it's something personal and that there's really not any way to incorrectly do it.

Once she told me that, I took that and ran with it, and I have never so close to Jesus in my life than I do right now.

I figured I'd do this post, just in case, one of you is looking for some inspiration or some way of doing it.

So, here we go.

I journal 2 times a day with my Jesus music playing softly in the background.

The first being in the morning after my quiet time. This usually consists of me copying down the verses I've underlined. (I underline verses that stick out to me.) Some days I write about a verse that stuck out to me, other days I just copy down verses.

It'll usually look something like this:

(Please ignore my awful handwriting!)



The next time I journal, usually before bed, is just a letter to Jesus, reflecting on the day. It realigns my priorities and clears my mind for the next day.

That usually looks something like this:




Also, as silly as it sounds, I think it's important to have a journal that you like how it looks. 

I can't promise you that reading your Bible and journaling every day is easy, but it is so worth it. At first, it was harder for me to do. Now, I just look forward to it.

Do you journal? I'd love to hear about it!



You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Glad to hear that you found something that works for you! Journaling can be very therapeutic :)
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so therapeutic! :) Thanks for reading, Kiki! xx

      Delete
  2. This is such a lovely post, I don't journal, but I do have a my prayer book which is fairly similar- it isn't a daily thing, just whenever I feel I need to.
    Elise | i-cant-think-help.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I encourage you to try and start using it every day; it's helped me grow in my faith so much! xx

      Delete
  3. I think I might just do this! I am still getting to know Jesus so I think this is for me. Thank you for telling me about this!
    <3 Catherine
    smileycentralblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. I honestly don't know what I would do without my journal, haha.

      Delete

Flickr Images